The following activities were initially designed as a part of self – study courseware accompanying a teacher training course ‘Studying Culture’ delivered in four Bulgarian universities: New Bulgarian University, Sofia University, Plovdiv University and University of Veliko Turnovo. However, some of tasks have been also piloted with English language students at NBU and proved suitable [...]
Some ideas for using media texts in the EFL classroom to develop skills for intercultural communication Handout 1: Personally speaking Task: Work in pairs. Ask your partner about as many different types of media s/he uses. Put them in Column A of the table below. In Column B put his/ her reasons for using them. Use the [...]
- Helping and Supervising Fellow Professionals in ELT 01/01/2001
- Teaching English to Police Cadets 01/01/2001
- Students’ presentations or how to motivate students 01/01/2008
- Lesson Planning in ESP/Subject Teaching 01/01/2001
- Business English Teaching and The Internet 01/01/2004
- Winnie-the-Pooh revisited: a case study on the application of multiple intelligences theory in teaching English to young learners 01/01/2006
- Call for contributions to BETA-IATEFL E-Newsletter (March – April 2017) 16/03/2017
- FEATURED SPEAKER: DENIS CUNNINGHAM 12/03/2017
- PLENARY SPEAKER: CHRISTINE O’LEARY 12/03/2017
- FEATURED SPEAKER: GERALDO DE CARVALHO 08/03/2017
- FEATURED SPEAKER: ZUZANA TOMAŠ 07/03/2017
- PLENARY SPEAKER: PENNY UR 07/03/2017
- Patricia: Hello! i am teaching english to cadets of a Police...
- Reinaldo Figura: I’ve been exploring for a little bit for any high ...