Written by: Tatyana Kindzhakova, “Vladimir Komarov” Vocational School,
Download: Presentation in Adobe .PDF format
About the necessity of adequate growth in both- students and teachers:
- A miss of effective motivating methods of teaching;
Main purpose of teaching Vocational English:
- To acquire a system of knowledge for reading, receiving and sending information in English language, that is connected with the main activities in studied speciality and suitable developing communicative skills.
- Acquiring knowledge for foreign language communication in student’s vocational duties;
- Developing skills to manage an immediate ordinary task at workshop using foreign language communication;
Questions and answers, that teaching Vocational English refers:
- Where can both- the student and the teacher entertain at the same time?- During the classes at school.
- Which subject can be a challenge for both- the teacher and the student?- Vocational English.
- How to make the student to use the knowledge, that he has already got?- As provoke student’s thinking, driving him into a trouble-language situation.
Teacher’s role in teaching Vocational English:
- The teacher doesn’t create teaching environment but he supports it.
- An interest to the vocation;
- Reaching up a maximum demonstrativeness through the means of PC Lesson;
Teaching technology- two aspects:
Vocation → Teacher → Vocational English
Vocation → Student → Vocational English
- Teaching Vocational English through PC Lesson is a challenge that provokes teacher’s professionalism, proficiency and creativity in using new teaching methods.
- And on the other side it provokes student’s interest, gives him a chance to show his vocational knowledge and an opportunity to improve the language.
- Examination of the recipient;
- PC Lesson is a successful method of teaching Vocational English;
- Dynamic demonstrability of each exercise attracts the attention of students and enlarge their sense experience and observation;
- The level of interest to the foreign language is influenced by the level of interest to the vocation;
- Student’s confidence is positive influenced during the teaching in class, because the student knows how important is his professional knowledge about the successful comprehension of the text;
- Teaching Vocational English:
- builds up high motivation in students for learning English Language;
- presents the connection between the vocation and the foreign language as a finished process;
- supports the interactivity between the teacher and the students;
- improve both- teacher and students;
Vocational English is a two- way challenge, because:
- it gives the teacher a chance to improve his own teaching abilities, looking for new ways for presenting maximally easy assimilation of Vocational English;
- it gives the student a chance to improve his personality using immediate transition from vocation to the foreign language learning and also to give students an opportunity to integrate themselves in social life after leaving school;
What we learn with pleasure, we never forget.