Since October 2011 over 170 teachers of English had enrolled for the online courses and those who were successful received certificates from the British Council.
The British Council expands the range of the courses with one for teachers who teach subjects in English:
- CLIL Essentials (Content and Language Integrated Learning)
The course is for primary and secondary school teachers who teach curricular subjects in English. Participants are expected to have a minimum Council of Europe Framework (CEF) B1 level of English proficiency (IELTS 4.0).
The course helps teachers develop practical skills to introduce functional language, evaluate language challenges and adapt classroom tasks and forms of assessment. This will help their students understand the topics in a second language
The British Council continues to offer:
- TeachingEnglish TKT Essentials Module 1 Optional F2F 1 day workshop
- TeachingEnglish TKT Essentials Module 2&3 Optional F2F 1 day workshop
- TeachingEnglish Learning Technologies Essentials Optional F2F 1 day workshop
- TeachingEnglish Primary Essentials Optional F2F 1 day workshop
The new deadline and more information about the courses you can find at the British Council web site